Here is a short piece I wrote, about being a “lazy blogger” for Ryerson Folio.
We’re nearing the end of the semester, and as students we all know what that means. Last minute cramming, stress eating and crying about our grades! University is the time of our lives! Here are some thoughts that I’m sure have crossed all our minds in the last few weeks:
- The essay is due tomorrow? Wait… we have an essay ?
- Honestly, I’ll just get up early tomorrow and finish it.
- Wow I’m starving, I need to go make a snack. I know I just had an hour long study break but I can’t deny myself proper nourishment!
- Why does my T.A. hate me?
- Who even is my T.A.?
- C’s get degrees *I tell myself as I check my marks online and cry*
- But do I REALLY need an education? *googles careers that don’t require university degrees*
- *gets into bed* WOW I have so much to do, am I going to pass school? If I fail where will I end up in life? I don’t want to be a disappointment. Shit I didn’t submit that paper online. Who am I as a person? Why did I eat those chips today?
- Why did I think high school was hard?
- If I just don’t eat lunch for 3 days I’ll have enough money to go out this weekend.
- I’ve only opened my $100 textbook once…
- I need a drink.
- I need a hug.
- Having 3 large coffees before 3 p.m. should be fine right?
- Sleep is for the weak *stays up all night and falls asleep in lecture*
- I’m so stressed out! I have so much due! *lies in bed eating cereal*
If I had a dollar for every time I procrastinated on my homework: